Saturday, June 6, 2009

August 28, 2008

Very happy in NYC today. It's a cool 72 degrees while I hear it's hot and possibly evacuation time again in New Orleans with Hurricane Gustav nearby on the prowl. Thank god I don't have to worry too much about that. All the times I lived in New Orleans we only evacuated once--about 15 years ago, Dick and I and Rory and Dale and an au pair (who was a psychic and later left during the night--thought our house was haunted) drove to Dallas and then the hurricane spun around and didn't hit New Orleans. Ten years before for Andrew and Betsy my parents lost an oak tree in front of their yard and some shingles off the roof and we lost electricity for a time but no one evacuated. Now after the devastation of Katrina I suppose most people flee right away. The manager of my condo in the Quarter leaves tomorrow for Texas and your Mama says your school is getting out at 11am. i will be happy when hurricane season passes over New Orleans and Sunday prayers at Church don't begin with a prayer to New orleans patron saint from hurricanes Our Lady of Prompt Succor.

No comments:

Post a Comment