Saturday, June 6, 2009

October 11, 2008

Been missing New Orleans In October. Guess it's like spring there. Here in NYC the tops of trees are dying turning red, yellow, white. And some small bushes are all red. In New Orleans we never had fall. Always oak trees full of greens and lush grey moss. I understand you lost quite a few oak trees during hurricane Katrina. All of the oaks that stood before my parents mansion on the Gulf Coast survived. After Katrina I'm told they looked burnt red and yellow but they made it. i wonder how the trees felt when they saw those 40 foot waves come rolling in. I still 3 years later haven't had the courage to go look at my parent's land now void of all buildings and the strip of destroyed land along the water. In my memory the vision of that beautiful Gulf Coast with its 500 palatial mansions still lives. I'm told now only 5 of the houses in truth remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment