Saturday, June 6, 2009

October 9, 2008

Came back from NYC to Rhinecliff tonight on business class on Ambrack such a fast train that took me in less than 2 hours to this darling town. Reminds me of how in New orleans we used to communte weekends to the Mississippi Gulf Coast to my parents brick villa there-6 bedrooms 2 kitchens, 4 baths. I lived in a little cottage on the grounds that my parents built for my family a stucco red brick cottage which I called the rose cottage. Both the mansion (my parents referred to the big house as such) and the cottage were flattened by Katrina.

Anyway my friend Deborah's husband met me at the train and took me to my big house here. Bob wasn't back yet from Canada and in the old New Orleans tradition I was afraid to enter the big old house alone. My Grandma used to have her chauffeur enter her house also a mansion first and check under the beds and inside the closets before he left to be sure no burglar was hiding in the house. Am I reliving grandma or just a girl lady who lilkes to feel safe. I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment