Saturday, June 6, 2009

September 10, 2008

Watching Tv in black and white tonight I remember that my family's first TV was only black and white. My parents kept it in the living room and we were only allowed to watch a half hour a night "Father knows Best" I wonder if we had a show today called "Mother Knows Best" whether that wouldn't be thought of as sexist today.
When I stayed at my grandma's at first we would sit out on the screenporch (it was so hot we used no lights and ceiling fans before air conditioning) and we listened to the radio. After TV came and we went inside for that, we didn't sit and talk like before on the screen porch and I guess crime must have gone up in Nw Orleans so we didn't feel safe at night on a screen porch with screen doors locked. New Orleans as I grew up becamse increasingly dangerous as kids dropped out of school and the public schools got worse and worse. Now after Katrina hopefully your skills will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment