Saturday, June 6, 2009

September 22, 2008

It's gotten cold here like 60 degrees, but I went out unprepared--sleeveless top and scarf and light jacket. I remember in New Orleans I didn't own a coat. Got rid of all my heavy wool skirts when I moved home from Princeton in 84.

We so rarely wore anything heavy. I didn't have any pull over sweaters because a day might start cool but usually ended hot. Yuck. Then cardigans weren't worn too much either. Mostly I took a light jacket and wore light cotton shirts. But here in NYC when it gets cold, it dives down and stays. Course that burst of cold does give you energy and makes you discover the seasons. Today was the first day of fall in New Orleans we pretty much had spring summer weather all year. I remember even using the air conditioning on Christmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment